ABOUT THE COURSE
The NRA Hand loading course is designed to familiarise the student with the basics of reloading metallic cartridges, with an emphasis on safety. It will run over 2 days and involve practical hands on reloading and testing.
Amongst the topics covered will be:
- legal and safety
- the reloading process
- equipment required
- accurate measurement
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the fundamental safety issues concerned with reloading
- Understand the information contained in recognised reloading manuals
- Understand the basic theory of how components come together
- Have the ability to recognise warning signs from ammunition/firearms
- Understand the legal requirements and constraints of reloading
- Get a certificate endorsed by the NRA, issued upon completion of the course
- Be able to select reloading components and equipment safely and with confidence
- Have the knowledge and confidence to assemble ammunition based on safe practices
This is a two-day course, each day running from 0830 - 1630. It is mainly classroom based, with some practical on-range work on day 2.
Joining instructions with info on timings and location will be sent out around 2 weeks before the course date.
There is no advance preparation required for this course.
BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE NOTE
This course will focus on hand loading .308 /7.62 calibre only. You can bring your own .308 firearm and may (subject to inspection beforehand) get the opportunity to measure and use it. You must inform us in advance if you intend to bring your own firearm.
Security of your own kit during the weekend will be your responsibility.
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY:
If you need to cancel/ rebook:
Cancellation/re-booking less than 5 working days before the course will incur a £20 cancellation charge.
If the NRA needs to cancel a course:
All courses hold the possibility of being cancelled if they do not reach the minimum number of attendees. If this happens, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible. You will be given the option to transfer over to a new date, or to receive a full refund for the course.
Please note, any non-refundable accommodation booked by you is done so at your own risk. The cost of this will not be reimbursed by the NRA should a course need to be cancelled.